Okay, so obviously you've found the blog. Now you need to look in the upper right hand corner of the screen. You see the link that says "New Post"? Click on it. Viola! You can now post your answer to this week's blogging question!

If you don't see the "New Post" link, you're not set up to post. Go back to the Week 1 folder and watch the blogging tutorial to find out how to become authorized to post.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 10


I do believe there is a time and place for paparazzi. I think that when the famous person is out with their friends, family or even at their home, they need privacy. I couldn't imagine my every move being recorded or in a magazine. When these figures go to photo shoots or a place where they are doing something for work, they should expect it there. I expecially don't think it's right when they are out to eat.


These public figures are only human as well as everyone else so therefore, they want their privacy like we do. They deserve the right to privacy expecially for how much they are followed while working. I understand the news media wanting good pictures and good stories for their news but it has to end somewhere. I think it's only fair if news people were aloud to show up at their work site and work site only.


If this public figure is at their home, they definately need privacy. I don't think they should be photographed while walking, shopping or eating. These are things an average person does and they don't have to worry about paparazzi so neither should they. I don't think it's right that a public figure's picture can be on a magazine without them knowing. Three weeks later the figure can see their picture on or in something and can be humiliated. If all the paparazzi would stop a little bit, I think the figures would have less stress in their lives.

7 comments:

  1. I agree they do deserve their right to privacy and should only be photographed when "working" not with family or at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think that everyone should need some amount of privacy, especially at home and with their family. Especially when children are involved, they should not be put in that position or in danger in any way. Sure public figures know the role that they chose, but it doesn't mean they should be bombarded and not even able to walk more than two steps because they are surrounded by paparazzi, while they are shopping.
    I love shopping and would be highly disappointed if someone was blocking my way through and to the store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yes I agree, I couldn't stand that!! Privacy is huge and they deserve it. Even though they took the chances of becoming famous, they still deserve privacy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The single glaring fact that everyone seems to be forgetting is that these people are not "average" people. They are people with a particular talent who demand an outrageous amount of money for their services. Most of them pay more taxes in one year than the "average" person's income for a lifetime. There is a trade-off. When you enter celebrity lifestyle you know what you are getting into. They are fools to think that they won't be hounded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PARIS HILTON?!?!

    Because it's our last week, I'm going to argue just for sport! :)

    While I agree that celebrities should be allowed a certain amount of privacy, I'd never choose Paris Hilton as an example of the paparazzi's victims. She doesn't sing, dance or play a sport and she "barely" acts (BARELY... Get it!?). Born into a life of privilege, her only talents seem to be carrying chihuahuas around and standing in front of cameras. She became a celebrity without any marketable talents other than being pretty and saying, "Hey, look at me!" If there's a celebrity that invites overzealous media... it's Paris Hilton! In fact, I would use Paris Hilton as an example to support Shawn's argument that they get what they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike B, I love your response to this post and appreciate the "sport" of arguing. Nice comment on Paris as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with that, but I used her just to show people, she doens't have a talent and look how much people are interested in her. Her paparazzi is crazzzyyy! Just for doing nothing, she is an average joe that also needs her privacy. She might like being on camera and films but too much I think would be stressful.

    ReplyDelete