Okay, so obviously you've found the blog. Now you need to look in the upper right hand corner of the screen. You see the link that says "New Post"? Click on it. Viola! You can now post your answer to this week's blogging question!

If you don't see the "New Post" link, you're not set up to post. Go back to the Week 1 folder and watch the blogging tutorial to find out how to become authorized to post.

Friday, August 6, 2010

First of all, allow me to apologize for my late posting. My computer crashed Wednesday during the storm and all my information was lost.

The two shows I compared was Doogie Howser, MD and House.
The main similarity is the fact that both doctors are considered to be genius. However, in Doogie Howser, the doctor happens to be 16 years old. Also, in both television shows, the doctors take controversial ways to get to the answers they are looking for. Not using "conventional" practices. However in House, they have alot more technology based tests that can be run, and in Doogie Howser they have to use more of what we would consider now to be "out of date" tests. I actually loved Doogie Howser because it really seemed he was just a genius figuring things out and in House he does the same thing. You will see a scene where someone says something completely unrelated and then you see the answer just click in the doctor. It really brings the "doctor" part and the "normal" person side together. I think both shows focus on the medical theme, however they both also show the personal life, and problems, of the doctors it is focused on. The most interesting part is seeing how the "personal problems" changed throughout the years. While in Doogie Howser, he is dealing with relationships and friendships, normal life problems at that time, House must deal with making fatal errors, and drug addictions, which unfortunately are common problems now. The shows are definitely realistic for the times they were aired. But neither show would work in the other ones time. Who would have watched a drug addict doctor back then??? and Doogie Howser would probably be considered too slow, or boring now. It is very interesting to see how the television field has changed over the years, and what people actually want to watch now.

3 comments:

  1. Good Post, Doogie Howser, MD and House are really good shows. You did a good job of comparing the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Television shows have changed from the past just like people change. Good coparison on these two shows. Both are really good shows also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, I used to be in love with Doogie Howser, now I am equally infatuated with House. Funny how that works..... I watched Doogie Howser again for this assignment and couldn't figure out why I had liked it so much....

    Karoline, I agree with you completely. Like I said, I can't even remember why I liked Doogie Howser so much, and it doesn't seem like it was that long ago that I loved that show. I guess it was a good show in its time, just not today.

    Thank you both for your comments

    ReplyDelete